- Just a Minute: Never a minute. Usually not even a measure of time. This is said in hopes that you can stop your child from attempting whatever he just asked he could do. “Can I cut up my own dinner?” —– JUST A MINUTE
- Maybe Tomorrow: Maybe you’ll forget by then
- 5 minutes: Something is going to happen in five minutes. Either bedtime, ending playtime, dinner time or some other life altering event like this. If the 5 minute buffer is not announced, absolute mayhem will erupt. I personally find 5 minutes to last for 30 seconds or a half hour, without exception.
- Right Now: 5 seconds ago. High likelihood this was said at a high decibel.
- When you Wake Up: This is a trick. Everyone knows this one.
- In One Hour: In 3 hours, but the first two and a half hours will be spent herding.
- This is the Last Time: If you do not have this in your vocabulary, you will be stuck throwing your child in the air for eternity.