We live in a polite world. The closest you can get to witnessing honesty is in the anonymity of comment sections or driving among strangers on the highway. Etiquette removes the warning signs that you’re beginning to cross the line. Here are some indicators to look out for just before you’re about to get punched in the face.
1. “Seriously?” – If someone says this to you, they’re in such disbelief you could be so openly ignorant, they’re balling up their fist. Walk away.
2. “We will just have to agree to disagree” – You’ve likely won an argument. I highly recommend paying the bill, using the restroom and not returning to the table.
3. “I’ve already answered that question” – You aren’t paying attention. Watch out for a Roundhouse kick.
4. (silent nod with head down) – If you see someone doing this, they are contemplating if it will be more rewarding to blind side you with a baseball bat or a surprise uppercut.
5. “Like I said…” – They’re really saying “Other than pushing you down the stairs, I don’t know how else to drive this point into your bird brain”
6. DEAD SILENCE – I’m surprised you’re not bleeding already.
Thank you. This has been a public service announcement from the puppies!